How to Transfer .com.my Domain
The transfer process for .com.my domain name involves :
- Deletion of the domain name registration for current Registrant
- New registration of same domain name for New Registrant
To facilitate a transfer, the co-operation of the current Admin Contact is needed. He or she will need to :
- Submit the transfer request online by logging into MYNIC's website with their ID and password.
- Provide all details of the New Registrant in the Transfer Domain Name Form.
After this is done, the current Admin Contact receive a notification e-mail from MYNIC (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 2 working days of MYNIC receiving New Registrant details.
There will be an e-mail from MYNIC that domain name has been deleted.
The domain name will be "deleted" 14 days from the date of the notification e-mail. But don't worry, it is actually not gone.
The new Administrative Contact will receive a notification from MYNIC to register the domain name after deletion. He or she must furnish Supporting Documents (eg Form 9 or Form 49) to MYNIC within 14 days.
- The new Registrant will be sent an invoice for the domain name registration for the period dated from the transfer date.
- If the new Registrant does not wish to apply for the domain name, or does not complete the registration process in any way, the domain name will be made available to the public.